Types of Amusement Park Injuries
Amusement Ride-Related Injuries
Thousands of amusement ride injuries happen each year. These injuries can range from cuts and bruises to broken bones and head trauma, with the most unfortunate cases resulting in death.
According to a report by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, amusement park injuries most frequently involve:
- Injury to the neck (16.2%)
- Injury to the head (10.1%)
- Injury to the lower trunk (11.9%)
- Injury to the upper trunk (9.2%)
Together, these bodily areas account for 47.5% of emergency room-treated, amusement ride-related injuries.
In terms of diagnoses, these amusement park injuries most frequently result in sprains, strains, contusions, and lacerations.
Additional types amusement ride-related injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Electric shock
- Injury to the internal organs
- Brain injury from G-forces and rapid speeds of rides
- Head trauma from detached objects smashing a rider’s head
- Brain aneurysms from fast rides
- Drowning in water rides or lazy rivers
New Jersey Amusement Park Injuries and Fatalities
As we mentioned on our Amusement Park Injury services page, there are many fixed-site and mobile amusement park rides in the state of New Jersey, including:
- Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)
- Funtown Pier (Seaside Park, NJ)
- Clementon Amusement Park (Clementon, NJ)
- Morey’s Pier (Wildwood, NJ)
- Fantasy Island (Beach Haven, NJ)
- Steel Pier (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Ocean City Boardwalk (Ocean City, NJ)
- Storybook Land (Egg Harbor Township, NJ)
According to the CPSC, New Jersey ranks second in the country for the largest number of amusement-park fatalities by state. Of the 51 amusement ride-related fatalities from 1987-2000, 5 of those deaths occurred in the state of New Jersey.
Many who suffer from amusement ride injuries in New Jersey decide to bring a negligence claim against the park, its employees, and sometimes even product liability claims against the manufacturer of a defective ride. If you or a loved one has been injured at a New Jersey amusement park and have questions regarding filing a claim, you can contact our Amusement Park Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.